We continue to ease the restrictions caused by the corona epidemic with careful steps that align with official recommendations and guidelines. We open the church building for worship services on Sunday the 16th of August, 2020.
We uphold safety measures in our gatherings. Hence, you are welcome to join our services when you do not have respiratory symptoms, cough, or fever.
Please note that, due to adherence to social distancing guidelines, only 250 persons can physically be allowed in the worship service space, and no more people can enter into the church building. We will close the church doors when the allowed number of people have entered in.
Tuesday at 19:00 Prayer meeting, at the church and on Facebook
Wednesday at 19:00 Tukikohta-service, starting from 26.8. at church and on YouTube (and Facebook)
Sunday at 11:00 Worship service, starting from 16.8 at the church and, already on 9.8., on YouTube (and Facebook)
Sunday at 15:00 International Service / Bilingual worship service, starting from 16.8. at the church and on Facebook
We are also gradually opening children’s and family ministries, youth ministry, and senior ministry. Please, follow the information on our website and in the social media.
Easing the restrictions increases individual responsibility for our own safety and for the safety of others. We ask you to follow the safety guidelines for this epidemic, as you participate in church functions.
This is how we keep our gatherings safe:
- We don’t come to the church if we have respiratory symptoms, cough, or fever.
- We maintain a 1,5–2 m safety distance at all times, and take care of good hand hygiene.
- We don’t shake hands or hug.
- We leave every other row empty, and also leave two seats empty between us and others.
- We sit together only with people from the same household.
- We don’t leave our outdoor clothes at the coat racks, but we keep them with us.
- We don’t have coffee or lunch servings.
- We don’t open or close doors ourselves, but go through doors that are opened by the ushers.
- We don’t sing out loud together for now.
We will consider the guidelines for our functions again, if the corona-epidemy situation gets worse. We actively monitor the situation and official guidelines. We communicate about possible changes using our website and social media.
Additional information and communications:
Esa Hyvönen, Lead Pastor, 045 275 7424
Ari Kuisma, Chairperson for the elders, 040 575 7117
Sandesh Robert, Pastor, Jyväskylä International Christian Fellowship, 050 409 9226
Hannamari Ahvenus, Pastor, Children’s and Family ministries, 050 409 9176
Kenneth Karppinen, Assistant Pastor, 050 409 9178
Timo Raassina, Pastor, Youth ministry, 050 434 2500
E-mails follow this form: firstname.lastname@example.org